Last week, Circuit Riders, Elias, Carlos and Isai visited the community of Santa Ana, La Paz, Honduras. They were accompanied by Jose De La Paz Chicas. Jose is a community member of Santa Ana, as well as the plumber for the water tank. The purpose of their visit was to gather information about the community river. In taking measurements of the river flow, and the amount of water in a certain area, Circuit Riders can find any issues dealing with the water tank or the chlorinator. These studies help in understanding which repairs to make or what part of the tank or chlorinator needs maintenance. Jose was thankful for the visit and appreciated the assistance of the Circuit Riders who taught him the process. He will be implementing what he learned to make sure that the tank and chlorinator are being maintained correctly. Once a month, a Circuit Rider will visit this community to do a maintenance check and give any advice to improve the process for Jose.
Activities of the first semester by the Technician in charge of Health, Hygiene and Laboratory, Oneida Lara.
From January to July of the ongoing year, Oneida Lara has performed a series of activities which include:
- 16 School Gardens, distributed at school in the municipalities of Santa Elena, Yarula and Marcala, benefitting around 1,000 boys and girls with healthy food.
- Imparted training regarding topics such as personal hygiene, proper use of latrines, the washing of hands and solid wastes, in 15 schools of the municipality of Marcala, benefitting around 700 boys and girls.
- 165 housewives, trained in the topic of house hygiene in the communities of Olivos, El Tablón, Nueva Unión and Oloas in the municipality of Yamaranguila Department of Intibucá and 180 housewives in 9 communities of Marcala, municipality of La Paz.
- Celebration of the World Water Day with 7 Water Boards of the municipality of Guajiquiro in the Department of La Paz and with 2 schools with 160 boys and girls in the municipality of Marcala, Department of La Paz.
- 16 Health Promotors trained in ¨Safe Water Management¨, in the municipalities of Yarula, Santa Elena, Opatoro and Santa Ana.
- Did 228 bacteriological analysis and 496 physical settings –chemical in the water systems of the Departments of La Paz and Intibucá.
- Cleaning Campaigns in 3 schools of the municipality of Marcala, benefitting over 150 boys and girls.nbsp;