Overview Video of ADEC
Activities of the first semester by the Technician in charge of Health, Hygiene and Laboratory, Oneida Lara.
From January to July of the ongoing year, Oneida Lara has performed a series of activities which include:
- 16 School Gardens, distributed at school in the municipalities of Santa Elena, Yarula and Marcala, benefitting around 1,000 boys and girls with healthy food.
- Imparted training regarding topics such as personal hygiene, proper use of latrines, the washing of hands and solid wastes, in 15 schools of the municipality of Marcala, benefitting around 700 boys and girls.
- 165 housewives, trained in the topic of house hygiene in the communities of Olivos, El Tablón, Nueva Unión and Oloas in the municipality of Yamaranguila Department of Intibucá and 180 housewives in 9 communities of Marcala, municipality of La Paz.
- Celebration of the World Water Day with 7 Water Boards of the municipality of Guajiquiro in the Department of La Paz and with 2 schools with 160 boys and girls in the municipality of Marcala, Department of La Paz.
- 16 Health Promotors trained in ¨Safe Water Management¨, in the municipalities of Yarula, Santa Elena, Opatoro and Santa Ana.
- Did 228 bacteriological analysis and 496 physical settings –chemical in the water systems of the Departments of La Paz and Intibucá.
- Cleaning Campaigns in 3 schools of the municipality of Marcala, benefitting over 150 boys and girls.nbsp;
August 10, 2016.
By the end of June, the 20th, chlorinator tablets that were needed have been installed. The Circuit Rider, Juan Ferrufino, installed ten in Municipio de Lauterique, which is located south of La Paz. The Circuit Rider, Carlos Deras, installed ten in Municipio Dolores which is located in Intibuca. Besides, the technician Oneida Lara, provided training courses regarding home hygiene to 165 housewives all around the ten communities benefited by the project, in Municipio Yamaranguila, which is located in La Paz. This project is benefiting about 11,000 people who can now handle safe, trustworthy, disinfected water.
Installation of ten clorinators in Dolores/Intibucá
Training to 165 housewives in 10 communities of Yamaranguila/Intibucá
Installation of 10 clorinators in Lauterique/South of La Paz